Описание на русском языке
Мод, под названием «Roads of the Rim» (Дороги Рима), открывает возможность строительства дорог на карте мира в игре RimWorld. Дороги упрощают и ускоряют перемещения караванов по карте мира.
- Значения скорости перемещения караванов по плиткам на мировой карте были отрегулированы (изменения также распространились и на ванильную версию игры).
- При строительстве дорог учитывается навык колонистов строительство.
- Вражеские нападения на караван, участвующий в строительстве (когда могут погибнуть задействованные в процессе строительства колонисты), обычный сон или движение каравана по карте — все это будет оказывать влияние на процесс выполнения работы.
- Заключенные не могут принять участие в работах.
- Для создания дорог можно привлекать союзные фракции.
Description in English
Roads of the Rim
RotR — A Rimworld mod allowing road construction on the world map.
I decided to try implementing something similar to Jecrell’s amazing RimRoads mod since — as of this writing — it has not been ported to Rimworld 1.0.
This is not only my first mod, but the first time for me to code in C#. On top of that, I am using Mono on Linux which is not the most widely used environment for coding Rimworld mods. A lot of patience (on your side and mine) will probably be necessary for this to work!
- Create Road Construction Sites on the world map.
- Send Caravans with skilled colonists, pack animals, and resources to build the road.
- Enjoy faster movement than the base game on high tier roads, including for all already existing roads (can be switched off in the settings).
- Part of the biome & hills movement difficulty is also canceled.
- Get your allies to help you build.
New Caravan actions
Any caravan on the world map can now create a Construction Site (on tiles that accept roads). Once the type of road is selected, click from neighbouring tile to neighbouring tile until you reach your goal. If you make a mistake, clicking on a planned section on road will remove it and all sections after it. Clicking on the Construction Site, right clicking, or basically doing anything else will finalise the construction which can be visualised on the world map in the form of:
- The Site (Starting point).
- Connecting circles representing road sections.
- A star (The goal).
By using resources and colonists with Construction skill, the current section can be built. A progress bar is shown on the world map. Once a section is finished, the caravan automatically moves to the next section. Note: Road sections must be built in the order they were place on the world map.
Having all colonists down, resting during night time, or a moving caravan will prevent work. Similarly, some roads require a certain percentage of the workforce to have a certain construction skill. If only a lower percentage is available, work will be reduced. If no colonist in the caravan has the required skill, work will be impossible. Prisoners don’t work.
A site can be removed by selecting it and clicking on the «Cancel Construction» button. A Caravan does not need to be there to do so.
However, sites that have already been worked upon (some resources have been consumed) cannot be cancelled.
Construction costs have two components : base costs that depend on the road and modifiers that depend on the terrain. The total cost can be further reduced from 100% down to 10% in the settings. Anything lower than 100% is probably quite unrealistic, but feel free to use the option.
Roads cost more at higher elevation, starting from 2000m (can be changed in the settings). Hills & swamps also have an effect, which can be checked when clicking on a site Effects will be tweaked and explained in more details later
It is not necessary to bring all resources at once in one caravan. A fraction is enough for a certain amount of work. However, it is necessary to bring each material with you.
As an example a tenth of the asphalt road: 360 Stone, 60 Steel, 30 Chemfuel is enough material for a tenth of the work (540 work).
When building a road over an existing one that is slower, 30% of the cost of the existing road will be deducted from the cost of the new road, as long as both roads use that same resource (e.g. A dirt road will provide 360 work and 36 wood when upgrading to a Stone road).
Impact on movement
The roads of RotR do not only provide a customised movement cost multiplier compared to the base game, they also cancel some or all of the movement cost of the terrain.
The table below indicates what percentage of a specific terrain feature is cancelled, depending on the road type. Note that these effects apply both to generated roads (from the base game) and built roads from RotR.
|Asphalt road & highways||40%||100%||60%||20%|
Factions can help building roads, under the following conditions:
- They must be an ally.
- They must have a settlement that is no more than 2 days away from the site at the time help is requested. Note: This means a faction can be too far when you start building a road, but close enough once you build a few sections.
- Only one faction can help per site.
- A faction can help building only one site at a time.
- Help has a cooldown period of 5 days.
- Help will start with a delay roughly equal to the time it would take a caravan to reach the site from the closest settlement of the faction.
- Help stops immediately if the faction is not allied any more.
- Helping costs 10 goodwill with the faction.
- Help from a faction will reduce both work and other resource costs.
In other words, if a faction provides 50% of the work needed for a road, it will also reduce all resources needed by 50%.
Steam ID: 1613783924.